17 April 2011

Today was a day to organize.

Was starting to get into groove today with projects I had slated for the day, then I had an issue finding a tool, then gashed my shin on something in the garage while looking for said tool.

That's IT! Today is the day to douche out the garage, because with so many projects, all the van parts, random crap laying around and a child, I cannot get anything done.  I was sufficiently pissed off, and ready for battle.

So at 8:15, properly caffeinated, I started tearing apart the garage.  By 9 I had piles out side the doors, the tractor, the Harleys, a couple tables set up for me to go through stuff and I am sweeping up some speedy dry from a mid winter oil spill.  Looked great, clean and I could get around.  But now I have all this crap to get back in, organize and make ready for continuing the Van project and still have room to move the Harleys, get to storage racks, etc.

By 10 it was pouring, and I needed to get some of the things back in to avoid damage.  Working around all the piles was time consuming, but I got it done and I am much the better for it.

Both Harleys have been started for the first time.  Need a good blast down highway to blow out the winter snot, but I have priorities this year - the Vanagon!


Did get the Vanagons second set of rear speakers laid out.  Ready for an alteration to the cabinet to get them to fit.  Need to go to Lowes tomorrow to get a specific blade for the sawsall.  I modifed the speaker gille with my table saw to get desired fit, but that's for another post.

Also I am feeling the need for a 4 note Cadillac horn to replace the anemic (and broken) stock unit. For something I have pulled out of boneyards for years for less than $20, the 65-70 bucks the monkeys on ebay are asking is a bit outlandish.  I have one in my Suburban that I paid $10 for 8 years ago.  The E420 has a two note horn that even sounds German.  I want something more noticeable, something that says 'get the F*** outta my way, cause once I slow this beast down, its hell to get back going'.

No comments:

Post a Comment