12 April 2011

Best part of my day

After paying for the Vanagon, I started my 5 mile drive home.  Got half way and the van started bucking.  Got through the light, and it died.  Having just brought it to a shop, I take out my tools so I was left with nothing to diagnose and repair.  I did figure out it was spark related but could not do anything about it where I was and where it sat I was not comfortable leaving it, or working on it.  People flying by on their way to nowhere.

AAA come get it.

Tow truck driver looked all of 22, and had never seen a Westy up close.  He went on how cool it was, and I was happy to spew some Vanagon knowledge.  Typical for Vanagon owners, more than willing to talk about what I had done to the van thus far and what was planned for the near future.

When I got home I installed the waiting plugs (.028 gap), correct Bosch wires, Bosch cap and rotor along with a couple ground and wire connection upgrades and VOILA!  She fired up without issue.

Tomorrow she gets new fuel filter and a fuel line replacement.  Supposed to rain, otherwise I would put in the front springs and Bilsteins.  Still might. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment