28 April 2011

Started monkeying with transmission

I have done dozens of transmission swaps before, but I like when I can just follow a given set of directions and be a mindless monkey sometimes.

http://volksweb.relitech.com/clutch.htm

This guy did a good write up on the R&R of a manual transmission.  The only thing about the removal that I would add is that it is easier to undo the throttle cable while transmission is in the installed position rather than hanging half way out.  The throttle cable mounts through a bracket on the opposite side of where the slave cylinder mounts up.

Have seals for the engine, now I need the clutch kit.

Typical.  I had been doing this all alone, all day in the rain.  As soon as I get the transmission out and up on this bucket for a little degreasing, someone shows up and offers to assist.
I will wait until tomorrow to clean it.  Break out some of the heavy duty kitchen degreaser we use in professional kitchens and the power washer so this baby will be a delight to reinstall.

No comments:

Post a Comment