16 April 2011

Rear speakers part one

Previous owner had these Yamaha speakers in the bed base.  They are junk now, probably were out of the box.  Anyway, this is the size I had to work with as the holes are already cut.



When I got the speakers off, here are the holes I was left with.  The new speakers did not fit right, and I needed to get out the jigsaw and correct the holes so that the speakers would fit.  Additionally, the PO installed speakers were not aligned correctly, and slanted to the side.


Here are the new Rockford Fosgate speakers installed in the bed pedestal.  With a child and a bit of traditional common sense, I wanted to have speakers with traditional grilles rather than the recent trend towards gaudy pseudo covers with garish colors.

I have a set of Rockford Fosgate 5.25 in speakers for the upper cabinet, but will need to remove the front panel to increase the size of the hole (and add another for the teeeters).

The PITA will be the rewiring for the rear speakers.  The PO had the wires running under the flooring in the rear.  I removed them when I put the floor down, so I will need to run wires.  The upper speaker wires are still in stock location, and I was thinking I could use them to pull through new wires, but again its a project for another day.

No comments:

Post a Comment