12 March 2011

Side windows

Bought a new set of screens for the side windows.  Did not even think to look at them, but the slider door window is not from a Westy, its from a regular vanagon. The difference is the placement of the latch mechanism.  On the Westy, the mechanism is towards the center of the window assembly, allowing clearance for the screen, while the regular vanagon has the mechanism toward the end of the window.  Will need to find another slider glass so I can have the all important screens.  I chose to get the screen upgrades from Go Westy, as their design allows for the replacement of the screening where the originals did not.  69.95 for each side.

Also received the mechanism to raise the vent on the top of the pop top.  The one in the van is missing the plastic guide wheels.  For 14.95, it was worth the time it would take me to hunt down the parts and repair.  Now that I have a second mechanism in house, I will have a look at Home Cheapo and see what I can do to make up a back up.  With the recent rains, I can see a drip through the vent, so I will be happy when this is repaired and I can keep the interior very dry.

Father's mother passed away a couple days ago, have needed to attend to that.  Have not really been tinkering much last couple days.  Warming up though.  Yesterday must have been 50, but it rained quite hard for the majority of the day.  Snow is melting!

No comments:

Post a Comment