03 March 2011

More parts

More and more arriving daily.

Picked up a couple used sway bar end links.  Some of the brake parts started arriving yesterday.  Was able to get my new conversion studs into the rotors, set ohe outer bearings in with the brass drift, but the inners have not arrived yet.  Have the seals, but no pads and no hoses yet for the front.  Will stop by NAPA to pick up some penetrant and spray down the front assembly to get ready for this weekend.  Goal will be to get front brakes done.  I also need to put a new oil pan on the E420 as the thing is dripping all over the driveway, so whatever else I can get done will be a bonus.  Shocks arrived, but no rear brakes parts yet.

Once the brakes are done, I can concentrate on getting the exhaust work done at Lou's Custom Exhaust.  They will custom bend a stainless system for less than I can buy the parts online and do myself.  That one is a no brainer.  Then I will have (at least) a quite camper that stops well and needs a good cleaning (amongst other things).  The renewal for all the vehicles insurance is coming up soon (April 1) so adding the van will be necessary, but they will require an insurance inspection, so I would like to have it respectable by then. Nothing worse than dealing with an insurance company after the fact.  Adding this and adding that after they have performed a visual and taken photos requires an act of congress to get approved.  God forbid something happens to the van, and they only want to recognize the photos as evidence when an additional $4000 has been added in upgrades and restorations. 

I hate insurance people.  I put them right along with lawyers, tow truck drivers and taxi drivers.  They are all the type of folk you need at one point or another, but hate to deal with, and always feel like you need a shower after being near one.  I would put used car salesmen on a level above these folks.

No comments:

Post a Comment