17 March 2011

Axle nuts

Well, the other came off as it should today. 

Drivers side rear brakes are done now.  All are done, except for a bleeding.  Dont have a mityvac myself, so I suppose I will have to do it the old fashioned way. That is offer a six pack to a neighbor who will pump the brakes up as I release the air.

Wheels went down to the tireshop also.  Getting 5 new Nokians.  Should be ready for tomorrow.

Things are going to happen more quickly now that warmer weather is here.  Was upper 50's today.  Tough to concentrate on anything when the first few warm days arrive.

Added a photo of the setup used to loosen the axle nut.  Please keep in mind that this setup was used with the wheel ON the car.  I really needed that extra friction, and when I attempted to do it without the wheel, I was lifting the vehicle off the jack stand.  That galvanized tube is a 5 foot fence post, and I needed every inch of it for leverage.

No comments:

Post a Comment