05 March 2011

Murphy's Law

Here it is, the warmest day yet and I am sick as a dog.

Did not stop me from playing for a couple hours though.  Pulled front passenger brake assembly apart.  Calipers, albeit dirty and full of debris, are not leaking and seem to be in fine shape.  I will remove the pads tomorrow and clean out the crap.  Got the rotors off, look like they were a recent fix, but then allowed to sit.  With the verniers, they were only .010 less than my new ones.  Put the new ones on, with the new bearings, thrust washers, axle nut and seal.  Replaced the end cap and now with the conversion studs, I used the new lug nuts to secure the alloy wheel. 

Will pull off the wheel again tomorrow, and do up the caliper right.  Can't leave the wheel off and on stands with a little one around. Then to the other side.  Will wait to do the bleed until I have the new SS braid hoses installed.  They are not here yet.  On their way with two new screens for the side windows and a repair part for the vent on the pop top.

No comments:

Post a Comment