27 March 2011

Finished brakes

Still cold out there, about 40 and sunny this morning so we went to Dim Sum in Boston first.

When I got back, I started tinkering with the caliper dilemma.  The banjo bolt, although a great idea, was the wrong thread.  It was a straight thread and I needed an NPT thread to get a good seal into the caliper.  It would have worked great though, and I had the parts on hand.  Bummer.

So I also had a couple of chrome (it is a leftover Harley part after all) 90 degree fittings in one of my hardware bins in the garage.  They were a 1/8 NPT 90 degree male #3 which mated up nicely to the stainless braided lines and to the caliper.  Added a little thread tape to ensure a leak free seal and we are done.  Good pedal after bleeding, all new fluid through out and all new components.

Would have liked to match up to the stock support, but this will do nicely.

No comments:

Post a Comment