02 July 2014

There will be a rain delay for this game

Despite the ominous sky, I got some things done.


Luggage rack is rebuilt and reinstalled.  New gasket and new stainless hardware. :)
I should make note that I cleaned up the roof under the luggage rack, applied a coat of wax and polished it.  The. Thought again and applied another coat of wax and left it.  After seeing all the stuff under there, I thought it prudent. 

I also installed a set of screens under the holes on the luggage rack.  Took some of my screen material from the basement, cut 5 patches and epoxied them onto the bottom of the hole. No more bugs, pine needles, maple tree 'helicopters' or other debris collecting under there.


Reinstalled the pop top vent.  New seal, stainless hardware and stainless hinges.  Should be no need to remove this again.


Got the roof on as it was starting to sprinkle.  

With the thunderstorm warnings going all afternoon, I thought I had achieved all that I could.  So why not celebrate a good job and have a tasty beverage?


Despite the warnings, I forged on in the sprinkle until I started to see lightning. Got all the new hardware in and the top lined up to close just right.

Started playing with the new tent.

I took a due from the original and tack stapled the new tent in all around with evenly spaced staples.  This allowed me to see if my tent install is correctly placed, centered and ready to move to next step.



At this time the thunder crash and lightning was becoming close.  So rather than deal with overly wet situation, I chose to put her away in the garage for the night.

Now for the next tasty beverage.







No comments:

Post a Comment