03 July 2014

Pop top completion (sort of)

Got the tent done today.

It went smoothly, I guess, for a humid and 90 degree day in a pop top.  Think I will need to wash those cushions from all my sweat. Yuck.


The next step was to try the fitment on the Wasserstopper.  It took some doing, and I cannot foresee how happy I will be if I need to do that in the rain.  Also - the van sits too high for me to reach up to the extension snaps without a step up.  That makes me nervous.


Ok it fits, but I still have some reservations.  We shall see the first time I go to use it.  I do like that the clips on the passenger side attach to the awning case thereby eliminating the drip line from the roof, behind the awning and onto everything I attempt to keep dry in the first place.

Final touch was the new Westfalia sticker.  It looked wrong to me when I was gazing at it.  Could not figure out why.


Then after grabbing a celebratory tasty beverage, I figured it out.


The Westfalia sticker that was on there prior was brown.  I went with black on this round due to the changes taking place in and out of the van, but had forgotten as the parts have been in the garage for months.

Now I only need that flat pop top gasket that has been back ordered.  May need to reuse my 2 year old one so I can camp this weekend.




No comments:

Post a Comment