30 July 2014

Transaxle story

So I ordered a rebuilt transaxle from Rancho.  They were three weeks behind they said, but that was fine as I have been busy otherwise.  That was on the 17th of June.

Called on the 14th of July and was told it was going out that week, 'was in build station now'.

Called back yesterday the 29th, and 'it's in the build station now'. Questioned the earlier comment along the same lines? Reply was that they would have it out, at latest the following day.

Charge card alert came through my phone text today - 6 weeks later.  Should be across the country by early next week.  Thinking that it would have been best if I had ordered it as soon as I suspected a problem.

On the plus side - Gave me time to assemble the other parts necessary for the installation: A Powerflex trans mount bushing, a new shift guide bushing, new shifter parts, a couple new cv joint boots, and all the brake lines and such while I am provided with ample access to the body behind the transaxle.

UPDATE:  It arrived!  On 5 August it arrived at my home.  UPS left it on my back porch per Rancho despite requesting it to be shipped to a friends body shop.  Weighs in at 95 pounds boxed, just as much as my wife (unboxed) - she had a hell of a time moving it until I got home late last night.


No comments:

Post a Comment