27 June 2014

Mirror mirror on the bus

I had some one ask how to remove the rear view mirror a few months back.

Since I am switching over to the black interior, I thought I would take a picture or two and demonstrate.


First thing I noticed was that the black one looks longer. Great! Allow more visibility past the upper cabinet. I was wrong.  Yes the arm is longer, but it angles the mirror head more towards the windshield, not down towards dash.


To get the mirror off, grab the arm and rotate it to the left. It is on a cam, so move it enough and the looseness will become apparent. Once loose, you will be able to pull the mirror base away from the body.


To install the replacement, insert the mirror head at same left turned angle, press in towards body and turn to right to engage the cam action.  


Properly re-adorned with one of my Tough Mudder headbands.  Thingamajigger is ready to rock again.



No comments:

Post a Comment