30 June 2014

Have a sinking feeling . . .

Had a ShurFlo faucet in my garage that was destined for installation.  Finally got around to installing it.

Here is how it went:

First, I read the directions and realized they were almost useless. My faucet was operational, just wanted a bit more than than the on/off functions.

 
I removed the three screws that held down the base.  Lifted it up and looked at the connector.  Opened the cabinet and removed the stuff on the top shelf.  Simple enough.  

Disconnected the power to the faucet at the connectors.  Then disconnected the hose fitting. 

Test fit the new faucet in the hole to see the direction of the bottom fitting, then realized it was adjustable and I could direct it in any position I required.  Cool.  This meant I really only needed to be wary of kinking the supply line.  

As per the kits supplemental instructions for the city water hook up, I cut the supply line and installed the check valve against the rear used a couple loom clips against rear wall to support it and keep it out of the way.


The hard city water supply line was the difficult line - would not flex the way I wanted and with the flared end, I did not want to mess around with cutting and reforming. It's only slightly off vertical, thereby maintaining the check valves operational integrity.

Connecting the other end of the line was simple enough.  Slid right on and clamped down securely.  Connected the power, zip tied the line away from the cabinet space, and proceeded to secure the faucet.

I used a dab of silicone around the base of the adapter plate and around the base of the faucet.  With all this new tech at my disposal: I will want to play and water could get everywhere.  Silicone just ensures that water will not drip down on top of my battery maintainer located in cabinet below.


Last thing I did to complete the sink modifications was to cut out a piece of cutting board to fit in the well of the sink.

I will have to get back to you folks on the dimensions, but here it is:


I prefer to use the flexible cutting boards when camping, as they easy serve the purpose and double as a funnel when everything is chopped up. But I had this board around for this exact purpose, so I felt it necessary to do.








No comments:

Post a Comment