29 June 2014

Love handles

There has been one modification on my list for sometime - just never got around to it, until yesterday. Partially because I was never enamoured with the quality of the brown grab handles I was finding available. 

The A pillar grab handle on the passenger side, needed a symmetrical counterpart on the drivers side.



The necessity of removing the brown one, opened the door - I just needed to walk through. Once the existing one is off, a template can be traced out.  I used some light cardboard and taped it up to ensure the all important symmetry.

Once marked off, a center punch helps to locate the drill point and keep drill bit from walking around.  A 3/8 drill into the pillar will provide the clearance you need for the handle bases.

Note: there is a power wire snaked in the drivers A pillar, so be cautious when drilling.  Once I had one hole drilled, I used same center punch to keep that wire out of the way of other drill holes.


No comments:

Post a Comment