20 August 2013

Dash cluster blue foil

Since the alignment, I only went for a small test ride.

When I got on to the open road, I realized the speedometer was not working correctly and was reading far less than I knew I was going.  Verified this on the speed box app on my phone. Need this to properly judge when I need to stop for fuel as my fuel gauge is not really accurate.  Something I have just dealt with, and find easier to just start looking for fuel when the odometer reaches 225.  That gives me a buffer of 75 miles before emergency backup.

Movie reference
Wingman: Fuel status says we seriously look now.
Chojinchef: Wait a minute. Fuel status? You have a reserve, don't you?
Wingman: Yes, sir. I've got a ten minute reserve... but I'm not allowed to invade that except in time of war.
Chojinchef: Listen, mister, if you don't get me on board with some goddamn fuel, that just might be what you'll have with my wife! You got me? Now you have ten more minutes' worth of fuel, we keep looking ten more minutes!  

Lifted the cover off, reached in and found the cable not plugged completely into the speedo.  Although when I tried to plug it in, the cable was too tight.  Alleviated this underneath, and again reached in to plug the cable in correctly.  This time I got a burn on the underside of my wrist, and I watched smoke wisp up from the cluster.  The foil had separated and had arc'd against itself.

I lost the directional indicator, the temp gauge, and the fuel gauge. Have another at home, but this week I will be without I guess.

Speedo is working correctly though. Two steps forward, one back.

UPDATE - with the loosening of everything for the alignment, and the humidity of August I am now getting some interesting squeaking from the suspension. Had some definite new noises this week and will continue to look forward to the front end complete rebuild to get rid of them.


No comments:

Post a Comment