23 April 2012

Drivers strip

Got some stripping done yesterday.  More chemical stripping for the centers of the panels as any sandblasting in the center of the panels has the potential for warping the panels.



So even though it was raining like crazy, I did get to spend some time with the chemicals.


I did get a bit further than this photo shows, but not quite done with this panel.  Once this panel is done, the stripping of the sides will be complete.  I will only have some work on the roof panel to complete and I will probably do that mechanically so as to not disturb any primer work already completed and not ruin my canvas any more than it is. 

I would like to replace the canvas this year, but right now I have more important things to do on the van - bodywork, paintwork and suspension come to mind.  Would also like to do the metal lines on the underside of the van for the brakes, clutch and fuel.  And with the new engine coming . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment