02 April 2012

Preparation

Not much to accomplish today.  Have to pay the bills somehow - work took most of my day.

I did get to spend a couple hours playing though.  Maybe I should spend a few hours BEFORE work?  Probably make for a better day; the whole sense of accomplishment?  Of course the gym would go out the window if that were the case which means no Tough Mudder in July.  Suppose the Alec Bradley Black Market torpedo is going against that goal as well, but I have to allow myself some vice.

Anyway, I started sanding off the temporary primer I had put on the passenger quarter panel and around the right rear window.  Cleaning it down to metal, getting ready to break out the sandblaster tomorrow night (wont be raining like past few days) and get the top of those panels near the rain gutter.  Cannot get a sander in there, and I need it clean.  Have a couple spots of rust where the awning mounted on the drip edge, but since the panel is clean, why not finish the job correctly?

Thinking this may be the time to remove the right rear window and the old hatch.  With the slider off, there is no stopping the dust and sand from getting in anymore.  The hatch jamb and the slider jamb are the only ones that really NEED to be resprayed, but they are all getting done for consistency and overall aesthetics.

I was staring at the roof of the van today wondering how the hell I was going to prep and mask the metal around the pop top and canvas correctly for paint.  Still wondering . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment