13 February 2011

Ok, now I have done it.

I bought myself another Vanagon.  Not that these things are huge events in the world or generally worthy of writing about, but having grown up seeing most of the East Coast (plus) from the windows of one or another VW camper, it is significant to me that I will now be able to share these same memories with my (now) 3 year old and from the same vantage point.

Already looking to do some camping.
Most of this posting stuff will be a history for myself, what I did and how I did it.  But if someone out there finds usefulness (or amusement) in my rantings, then so be it.

The vanagon I bought is a 1984.  First year of the water cooled engine, and one of the years that my family owned in the past.  They actually had 7 VW vans from 1970 through 1986.  I bought the 86 and sold it in 1995 when the vehicle was doing nothing but sitting while I played Wall Street.  Hated Wall Street and hated the fact that I sold my van even more.

No comments:

Post a Comment