11 January 2012

Now that the panels are gutted, I got them into the van ready to go to bodyshop.  I simply do not have the room to do the stripping at my house and still be able to work on the van simultaneously.

They also have a better sandblaster than I do.  I want the bottoms of the doors to be blasted, helps to ensure that there is no rust lurking under paint just waiting to emerge after I have it repainted.

Its all about the preparation.


To illustrate what I am working with.

I have enough room on one side of the van at a time.  Basically 3 or 4 feet on one side and front now.

As soon as a certain commercial refrigeration unit is sold, I will add another 2.5 feet in back.

So I can work on one side, or end at a time.  Then the Thingamajigger will need to be turned around.

Sleet and snow expected tomorrow.  We have been lucky this year; we had a surprise just prior to Halloween and barely nothing since.  Has allowed for some garage renovations and organization to get the Thingamajigger in there.  Feeling better about the winter project prognosis.

Picking up some more lighting this afternoon.  Contractor neighbor is tearing out some 2x4 t8 parabolic flourescents that will light up my life a bit better from a Chinese restaurant renovation.  I can have 8, so I am thinking 4 per bay and with a tripod mounted work light I should be in good shape, too bad Vitamin D cant be made from flourescents.

No comments:

Post a Comment