29 December 2011

Starting teardown

This week I started diasassembly on the new rear hatch. 

It needs to be gutted, cleaned out and readied for paint stripping.  All of the clasps, window/seal, handles etc need to be removed.

I have the two front doors to do as well.  They will be more cumbersome, more small pieces to remove without damage.  Tricky.

Then a bunch of paint stripper and a whole lotta mess.

Have to borrow a slider door, to keep the van sealed up while I strip that panel.

Will get some photos of the process for anyone brave enough to try.  I have a couple more replacement panels coming, currently on back order through Bus Depot.

While we are on the topic of Bus Depot, I have a rant I would like to share - With all the technology available and obviously used at BD, why cant they list a part online as unavailable?  Why do I have to wait two or three days after placing the order, after receiving emails that the order was received, that the order shipped, and I then get a message stating I have a backorder?  Really folks.  The other Vanagon supply houses have this ability, and it seems like common courtesy for those selling online?  I am at a loss, and temporarily suspending my purchasing from Bus Depot until I feel that I can deal with the BD BS.

No comments:

Post a Comment