29 December 2011

Christmas has come and gone.

And with much rejoicing (yea) the stresses of the holidays are over.

Have received some good news and some bad.  First with the bad - I have the beginning drip of coolant from the drivers side head gasket.  And I also blew an exhaust gasket last week going for a ride.

The good news - I got the parts to fix the gasket leak.  I also got the parts to finish the front heater box.  The new wiper motor and some misc. used parts (another table mount for front, A pillar seals that did not come on my year Westy, and a tachometer cluster from a 90).

The tach cluster will require a bit of modification to work, but I remain optimistic on finally getting a tachometer in the Thingamajigger.

As for the motor leak.  I guess this speeds up my need to have a decision on which way to go - stock rebuild or conversion.

I do like the Bostig . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment