30 December 2011

Heater Core - Partie Deux

So I put the box together.

The blower motor arrived from Van Cafe.  Its a Febi unit, and regardless of where it is made I trust this brand a hell of alot more than anything with the Meyle name on it.  Just have not had any luck with anything Meyle, but I digress.

I used a single sided sticky foam insulation of about 1/4 inch thickness on the blower motor seal.  It fit like a glove with the rubber feet of the blower.  The wiring was in decent shape, but I built a new harness with some good quality 12 ga wire and appropriate connectors.  A few choice pieces of shrink tubing cleaned up the wiring and gave it an extra layer of protection.

I used some clips I had procured from other heater boxes, and a half dozen or so self drilling screws in key locations to seal up the heater box.

It is now ready for installation!

Hopefully one or two of the external foam seals is able to be reused.  I have not found a source to buy these, and I am sure I could make them but no need if the ones in the van are good.

No comments:

Post a Comment