22 March 2014

Sexy!

Oooooh yeah, now that is sexy!


Got the intake scoops back.  Paint match is good.  Too cold to do myself in my garage, so I had a friend do it.

Received them yesterday.  Brought them home and prepped the parts for more paint.


Painted the insides of the scoops with my trim paint to match the intake grilles.


When fitting the scoops, I needed to trim up the lower rear corners of the intake grilles.  I did not use my nice ones - had another pair that I trimmed up.


With the sikaflex adhesive this is a non issue and will be very secure.

The inner most screws were a bitch, had to use a right angled screwdriver to secure it after gluing and allowing to set up overnight.

Mounted this morning.  





There is a relief cut into the scoop at the rearmost lower corners.  Theoretically, this should allow for water taken in to collect on back of scoop and expell out.  I made sure the sikaflex was also aiming towards this small relief.

I am liking the looks of these, the profile is not obtrusive and with them painted the body color they do not look aggressive and unsightly (IMO).








No comments:

Post a Comment