24 March 2014

Heckeblendes installed

So I got the Heckeblendes cleaned up and painted.

They really are only a basic piece of fiberglass, rigid enough to stay where you want them, but simple enough.  Test fitting them, I needed to grind away a corner a bit to allow the flush fitment with the tail light lens.  



So after scuffing up the gel coat, I primed them and painted them my trim black color.  Then set about to adhere them to my taillights.


I like the sikaflex product and obtained a new tube of black for these and for my intake scoops.  I also ended up using a couple screws as well to keep the heckeblendes secure.

Allowed to cure overnight, and Voila!



I like these.  Sure they serve absolutely no purpose except for aesthetics, but I still like them.








2 comments:

  1. Can I ask where you got these Heckeblendes? My van PO backed into something leaving a wrinkly/rusty spot that these would cover-up perfectly.. I've looked all over; any help greatly appreciated!
    Thanks,
    Josh

    ReplyDelete
  2. Only real place to get these now is Germany. Rhoen Bull site lists them, but they will be costly. They don't weigh squat, but overseas shipping will cost a pretty penny.

    ReplyDelete