16 March 2014

Happy St Patrick's Day

Got some time to play, despite the freakish New England weather.  It was bright and sunny, 38 degrees out and snowing big fluffy flakes this morning.  Sitting there looking out my window, with a cup of tea, staring at the VW and planning my day when it started to snow.

Luckily it did not last long.

Largest project is the suspension / brakes upgrade.  Will also take the most time.  Need to get that going ASAP, but cant realistically do it in sub 40 weather as it has to be done outside and not in the garage.  There is sandblasting to do, and then the subsequent painting which requires a certain level of warmth and the ability to raise up the Thingamajigger to a level not possible in my flat roof 1950's garage.

So that project will have to wait until next month.

As for now - the heckeblendes are being painted, the intake scoops are being painted, the grille spoiler is also being painted.  My black dash is ready, but I need the dash in to move it.

I think this week I will drop the gas tank, install the stainless coolant lines and re-do the heater hoses.  The tank was re plumbed a couple years ago, but I will obtain a kit anyway.  My tank sender has been off since then, so it will be nice to be able to fix that too.  Despite my low ceiling, I can do this task inside.

2 comments:

  1. Agreed, that this early March weather has helped in getting an early jump on spring preparations. I've begun to think about body work and when to remove and measure seats for custom coverings...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too have been looking at some SewFine covers for the Thingamajigger. Just cannot decide on the color - originally thought black, but I am concerned about the rolling terrarium becoming even more hot during peak summer.

    Project for another day I guess.

    Thanks for reading my babble.

    LP

    ReplyDelete