31 March 2012

Got it


Made a new Vanagon acquaintance yesterday.  Has a few vans he is parting out in the center of the Hudson Valley of NY.  Celebrated with a Liga Undercrown cigar on way home.

Anyway, I have my new nose panel and will probably start fusing it into the van this afternoon.

Stopped by Harbor freight for a cheap (in cost and quality) panel flanging tool and a sheet metal nibbler.  I will not be using the entire panel, but rather trimming the piece to fit while avoiding any major support elements.

This will be tricky to do right, and also keep all subsequent bodywork to a minimum.

Hell, this will be fun.

The purchase of new tools has been a tremendous help, but also a thorn in my side as I owned most of this stuff before.  Just lost it when I got rid of 120 pounds of dead weight (my Ex).  Suppose I learned something - if I had not needed the tool in the past 10 years, I should either borrow it, or buy a cheap version as I may not need it again for 10 more years.  Hence my willingness to step into a Harbor Freight store and their cheaply made crap.

No comments:

Post a Comment