24 February 2012

Rust work

A bit more rust work in past couple days.

Upon sandblasting, a little spot of rust/rot emerged.  Funny place for it - the large rectangular shaped hole on right of picture is the mount hole for the left bumper support.


So I cut it out, and welded in a replacement.


Finished sandblasting the rear panel, all the nooks and crannies are clean.  The bottom of the valance is clean.  The areas around the vent squares are beautiful, and now with a bit of tapping they are straight again.

The front panel took some more time today as well.  I am fitting it up, and ran into more bodywork than I would have wanted on the drivers corner.  Have to decide whether to bang it out proper, or replace it with a cannibalized panel from another van.


Some of the bodywork can be seen here in this picture.


Also, since I had spot blaster out, I took care of the funny little oxidation spots I had eluded to in an earlier post.  The spot blaster died when it blew through a nozzle and would not suck up any more media sand.  Really need to get another sandblaster soon, I have ALOT of blasting to do. 


No comments:

Post a Comment