19 February 2012

A little tail?

So I have been stripping the rear tail piece while I am waiting on a contractor neighbor to bring me the sandblaster.  He stopped me from buying one a few weeks back, and now he is taking forever.  I have the small one, but I need a big heavy duty one for all the jobs I have going.

So anyway, back to the tail piece - The panel that surrounds the taillights and is beneath the hatch.


This is the panel when I started stripping it.  As I have gotten closer to a clean panel, I have found more subsurface rust.

This is what it looks like today.


There are some rusty spots, particularly around the tail light mount clips, the screw holes that held the license plate bracket on, and the very bottom of the panel beneath the 'vents'.

Will require the sandblaster.


Someone gave me a box of these Bohemian cigars.  They are a bit too dry and I have had them in a very humid environment trying to rejuvenate, but they are still a bit dry.

Too bad too, they are milder than I generally prefer, but the size makes them perfect for a quick smoke in the garage.  Many times the smoke, the fumes from primer and the smell of the chemical stripper gets to be too much. Not enjoyable, and I end up putting the cigar down in favor of getting some work done.

Been training for the Tough Mudder anyway.  Should cut back on my cigar usage.



No comments:

Post a Comment