19 August 2014

Medic! Need a medic!

The hike I had with my kid and his Cub Scout friends got me thinking. (Uh oh)

I need a better med kit in the van.  The small generic box was fine for cuts and scrapes, but we are better than that - we are Scouts.  

I have a full Med bag that was graciously donated and will be maintained by a local Ambulance Service.  That does go on most all outings with the Pack. But what if I forget, or what if I have a couple kids who fall?

Needed a better kit.

Bought this kit online: Largest self contained box I can fit into the space I had planned. 


If there was one kit that was one inch smaller in height, it would be perfect. This one barely clears the hatch and I may have issue with curtain movement, but should be ok. 

Since I did not find it perfect - I did not want to perma-mount it, I used some high quality 3M double sided tape. 

Will give it a 6 month test. 

Also in this picture you can see my record system for maintenance and major component replacement. Available in one place, at a glance.  Also have listed my part numbers for preferred plugs, wires, belts and such.  Can't see it when door is closed. 

Works for me. 


No comments:

Post a Comment