20 July 2013

West River Westies

I know this blog as been more about enjoying the Thingamajigger, rather than repairs to the Thingamajigger recently. But in my defence, it IS summer.  It's time to be out enjoying the serenity of nature, and what better way than in the van?  It's just good for the soul.

So last weekend, we attended the West River Westies event in Townshend VT.  The wife actually made it up for this one.

When we arrived, there were plenty of VWs already enjoying the fine weather.





Our camp host invited us to another spot if we found the center mass of VW land too daunting (or too far to the loo with my wife's Dixie cup sized bladder).  So we set up house right beside the river itself, and mere steps away from the loo.


The usual setup - awning out ( the original Trans Awn 2000), flags hoisted (American, Acadian and South Korean), chairs ready, solar lighting for later planted and beer open.

The river was a huge draw for my son who had never tubed before.

(Uhh, who is going to catch me?)

And for crawfish catching


He caught a few mud bugs, and I even caught a couple small bass and a baby trout with my fly rod in between tubing folk!

On the way home we made a few quality food stops:

Here, for cheese

And here for smoked meats


Nice trip.  Fun had by all, and I won a quart of VT maple syrup in the raffle to boot.







No comments:

Post a Comment