23 April 2013

Suspension again

I am getting ready to tear out the entire front suspension, and quick.  The trip to DC got a bit scary at points due to larger diameter and width tires.

I have procured the following parts already, and I included the brand in order to source the correct vendors for anyone closely following this part of the process:

Febi Upper Ball Joints (2)
Lennor Lower Ball Joints (2)
Lennor Inner Tie Rods (2)
Outer Tie Rods (2)
Van Cafe Radius Arm sleeves (2)
Van Cafe Radius Arm Bushings (set of 4)
Van Cafe Radius Arm cups (4)
Van Cafe Radius Arm Nuts (4)
Powerflex Upper Control Arm bushings (set)
Powerflex Lower Control Arm bushings (set)
Powerflex Steering Rack bushings (set)
Powerflex Roll Bar bushings (set)
Powerflex End link Eye bushings (set)
Powerflex End link drop bushings
Upper Control Arm bolt hardware (2 sets)
Grade 10.9 Ball joint adapter bolt kits (6)
Grade 10.9 lower control arm bolt kit (2)

Already have the springs, upper spring pads and shocks.  Scratching my head to determine if I have forgotten anything?

Will need to get me some correct hardware.  Searching the Bentley for sizes and grades, then the usual suspects to see who has them.  Speaking of which - need to plug my source for Powerflex bushings and some of the hardware; T3 Technique out on the West Coast.  Chris knows his T3's, has good parts and great customer service.  When I ordered most of this stuff last summer, Van Cafe was the only source I could find for the radius arm items.  Have never used Lennor, nor can I find any information on them.  Guess I have to hope they are not on par with a Meyle product? (Cause they suck!)

Going to yank the front arms off the parts van, sandblast them and rebuild those for a quick turnaround on this project.

Need to contemplate the variables . . .

edit - Did order the power steering rack bellows tonight.  No sense pulling it all apart to re use anything inexpensive like the rack bellows.

No comments:

Post a Comment