06 May 2011

Really busy day today.

And the maiden voyage for the family as a whole.  Was only about 20 miles, but with all the work done to the van, I would rather work my way up to a 200 mile trip.


Anyway, today we picked up the 3 point harness parts from a MKII Jetta.

Install is fairly straightforward and directions can be found on the web to do this modification.  Now my kid will be safe in the back seat.




Also got my second battery from a local battery supplier.  Wired up the second battery kit from Go Westy and came to conclusion that wiring may be too small for adequate charging.  Will need to do some more research.

Added my ghetto bumper to the rear of the Thingamajigger.  Need one to get an inspection sticker. Its a $7.00 Lowes PT 4x4 (well as PT as Lowes sells anyway) Have a real one planned, made from 2x2 steel with integrated trailer hitch receiver, and a modified cover made from a stock unit which are made from tin foil. Want to be able to support a bike rack I have, and a cargo shelf to carry a cooler.

Installed a new wiper fluid pump.  Easy to do.  Hard part was getting the new tubing I bought to replace the old brittle one installed.

Horns are now working.  Its all about the grounds in this van.  I have been cleaning every ground I come across in attempts to avoid any issues.  They are badly coated.  The horns themselves are an aftermarket version of a low and high note combination. They do not sound German, but since I really want the Cadillac 4 note horn setup, I will deal with this until I can procure the set.  I installed behind the upper grille rather than the stock location underside.


No comments:

Post a Comment